Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Everywhere, Love


Was I the only one who saw this heart-shaped gift, placed lovingly by my secret lover's hands just outside the post office door today? Or so it seemed so perfectly placed, like a message from the heavens. I reached down to grasp it, tearing it a little in the middle as I did so. I brought it home and left it on the counter for my husband to see. When I remembered later and asked if he saw it, he fished it out of the garbage... I guess in reality it truly is just that: garbage - a parched, dead leaf. But what I see is something more - like love, ever present, even in death, even in 100 degree temperatures, even in trash. But that's just how I see it. I wonder if we fine tuned our sight, could we see more than just what we see with our eyes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home