Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Intention

In my last meditation session, I noted that I had an intention behind that particular session. The intention was to still my thoughts and get to the quiet place for more peace of mind. Then I recalled other sessions where I intended to escape from overwhelming events or feelings. Other sessions, the intention was a noble, "I'm doing my meditation like a good girl." thinking. Each meditation session begins with a specific intention -- they are not always the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger DariaMcBee said...

I saw this scripture in my email this a.m. and thot it appropros for intention. I might use this in the future to better line up my intentions with healthy karma...

"Whatever you do, make it an offering to me--the food you eat, the sacrifices you make, the help you give, even your suffering. In this way you will be freed from the bondage of karma, and from its results both pleasant and painful. Then, firm in renunciation and yoga, with your heart free, you will come to me."

-Bhagavad Gita 9:27-28

2/02/2006 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home